Globals has drastically grown from a small home office to a globally recognized enterprise offering world-class quality solutions on Cybersecurity, ERP Systems, Predictive Analytics, and Enterprise Application Development for various industries including Defence, Education, Government, Financial Services and Transport Industries. Globals has enabled its customers to be game-changers in their industry through its disruptive and innovative solutions.
Globals is certified as a "Great Place to Work" organization for its great work culture that helps its team members manage work-life, have dedicated hours to upskill and reskill themselves, and most important to ensure that the projects that they are working on are always unique, challenging their status quo every time. Our unique work culture has made us one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies as recognized and featured by The Economist.
Our excellence in technical stewardship and service-offering expertise has facilitated our clients ranging from individual entrepreneurs to Fortune Global 500 – to explore new business opportunities, reduce their operational costs significantly and boost their revenues. Today, Globals enjoys a strong position in the industry as a high-performing leader through its technology innovation and remarkable domain expertise.
Globals is a CMMI Level 3 certified company.
About the Job Role:
As a Senior Network Security Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the security, integrity and availability of our organization's network infrastructure. Your expertise in network security protocols, technologies and best practices will be crucial in maintaining a robust and protected network environment. This also includes designing and deploying firewalls, intrusion detection systems and other security devices. The Senior Network Security Engineer is also responsible for monitoring the network for security threats and responding to security incidents. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to identify potential vulnerabilities, implement security measures and respond to security incidents promptly.
- Design and implement secure network architecture, including firewalls, VPNs, IDS/IPS systems and other security technologies.
- Conduct regular network security assessments and vulnerability scans to identify potential weaknesses and recommend appropriate remediation actions.
- Monitor network traffic for suspicious activities, investigate security breaches and implement incident response procedures to mitigate threats.
- Collaborate with IT teams to ensure that security policies and procedures are effectively integrated into the network infrastructure.
- Configure and manage intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS) to detect and block malicious activities.
- Implement access control mechanisms and ensure the principle of least privilege is followed throughout the network.
- Stay updated with the latest security threats, vulnerabilities and industry trends and proactively recommend security enhancements.
- Perform security log analysis and reporting and produce periodic reports for management and compliance purposes.
- Participate in security audits, assessments and compliance initiatives (e.g., ISO 27001, PCI DSS) to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Conduct security awareness training for employees to promote a security-conscious culture within the organization.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to existing security infrastructure, processes, and policies.
Requirements & Skills:
- Proven 5-8 years of experience working as a Network Security Engineer, with a focus on designing and implementing secure network environments.
- Strong knowledge of network protocols, firewall technologies, intrusion detection / prevention systems, VPNs and other security technologies.
- Hands on experience in LAN/WAN, VxLAN, MPLS, TCP/IP, Routing, switching, firewalls, Site-to-Site VPNs, AnyConnect VPN, COS / QOS concepts and Wireshark etc.
- Exposure of infrastructure standards / requirements associated to NIST, PCI, FISMA compliances.
- Hands on experience in DDOS.
- Experience with security assessment tools and methodologies, such as vulnerability scanning and penetration testing.
- In-depth understanding of security principles, best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Professional certifications like CCNA, CISSP, GIAC, CCNP Security or equivalent are highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience with network security appliances from vendors like Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, etc.
- Ability to analyze and interpret security logs, event data, and network traffic.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to respond to security incidents promptly and effectively.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and articulate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as Static routing, BGP, OSPF, PBR, IP, DNS, HTTP, LDAP, NTP, HSRP, VRRP, LACP, STP, VTP, VxLAN, GRE Tunneling, L2/L3 VLAN, SMTP and SNMP.
- Ability to create network diagram and planning network documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Continuous learning attitude to keep up with the rapidly evolving security landscape.
- Understanding / Hands-on experience in IOT / Network devices and its security.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field.