Globals has drastically grown from a small home office to a globally recognized enterprise offering world-class quality solutions on Cybersecurity, ERP Systems, Predictive Analytics, and Enterprise Application Development for various industries including Defence, Education, Government, Financial Services and Transport Industries. Globals has enabled its customers to be game-changers in their industry through its disruptive and innovative solutions.
Globals is certified as a "Great Place to Work" organization for its great work culture that helps its team members manage work-life, have dedicated hours to upskill and reskill themselves, and most important to ensure that the projects that they are working on are always unique, challenging their status quo every time. Our unique work culture has made us one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies as recognized and featured by The Economist.
Our excellence in technical stewardship and service-offering expertise has facilitated our clients ranging from individual entrepreneurs to Fortune Global 500 – to explore new business opportunities, reduce their operational costs significantly and boost their revenues. Today, Globals enjoys a strong position in the industry as a high-performing leader through its technology innovation and remarkable domain expertise.
Globals is a CMMI Level 3 certified company.
About the Job Role:
As an Android Security Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying, analyzing and mitigating security risks in our Android applications. You will work closely with the development team to implement secure coding practices and ensure compliance with industry standards and best practices. Your expertise in mobile security and Android platform will be instrumental in building robust and resilient applications that instill trust and confidence in our users.
- Conduct comprehensive security assessments of Android OS and Android based applications.
- Collaborate with the development team to implement secure coding practices, perform code reviews, and provide actionable security recommendations.
- Design and develop security features and enhancements to protect sensitive data and prevent unauthorized access.
- Monitor and analyze security logs and system events to detect and respond to security incidents and breaches.
- Stay updated with the latest security threats, attack vectors and industry best practices to proactively address emerging risks.
- Perform threat modeling and risk assessments to prioritize security initiatives and improvements.
- Develop and maintain security documentation, including security policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Conduct security training and awareness sessions for the development team to foster a security-first mindset.
- Collaborate with external security researchers or vendors for third-party security assessments, if required.
Requirements & Skills:
- Proven 5 to 7 years of experience as an Android Security Engineer or in a related security role.
- In-depth understanding of AOSP, Android architecture and common security vulnerabilities.
- Strong knowledge of mobile application security best practices, encryption techniques and data protection methods.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, AOSP and different versions of Android.
- Familiarity with Kotlin and Android APIs.
- Working knowledge of Android UI, threading, and performance tuning.
- Experience with mobile application penetration testing and vulnerability assessment tools.
- Proficiency in analyzing security logs and using security monitoring tools to detect and respond to security incidents.
- Familiarity with industry standards and frameworks related to mobile security, such as OWASP Mobile Top 10 vulnerabilities and the ability to mitigate them.
- Solid understanding of mobile authentication and authorization mechanisms.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think like an adversary to identify potential attack vectors.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to communicate security concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity or a related field.