Globals has drastically grown from a small home office to a globally recognized enterprise offering world-class quality solutions on Cloud, ERP Systems, Predictive Analytics and Enterprise Application Development for various industries including Education, Government, Media & Online Services, Financial Services and to Independent Software Vendors. Globals has enabled its customers to be game changers in their industry through its disruptive and innovative solutions.
Globals is certified as a "Great Place to Work" organization for its great work culture that helps its team members manage work-life, have dedicated hours to upskill and reskill themselves, and most important to ensure that the projects that they are working on are always unique, challenging their status quo every time. Our unique work culture has made us one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies as recognized and featured by The Economist.
Our excellence in technical stewardship and service-offering expertise has facilitated our clients ranging from individual entrepreneurs to Fortune Global 500 – to explore new business opportunities, reduce their operational costs significantly and boost their revenues. Today, Globals enjoys a strong position in the industry as a high-performing leader through its technology innovation and remarkable domain expertise.
About the Job Role:
We are looking for a Senior System Administrator to maintain, upgrade, manage our software, hardware and networks. Should be a Proactive team player and should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. The candidate should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. The goal of the role will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Experience on Hardware / Network and Infrastructure.
- Good understanding of Windows (must have) and Linux Operating Systems.
- Overview of networks, firewalls (Sophos) and load balancers, etc.
- Should have 3+ years of experience in Active Directory.
- Good understanding of Network Security, Wi-Fi Configuration and System Security.
- Basic Understanding of AWS and Git (Good to have).
- Experience of working and negotiating with 3rd party service providers.
- Should have managed CCTV and Backup Servers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and should be able to communicate across with users.
- Install, upgrade computer components & software, manage virtual servers & integrate automation processes.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to the team for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations, implement appropriate processes for data protection,disaster recovery and failover procedures.
- Desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning and database performance.
- Active Directory, IIS, SSL and Windows Administration (Windows server 2012, 2016 and 2019).
- Installation, upgrade and troubleshooting of Server operating systems (Windows server 2012, 2016 & 2019 standard, Enterprises, Data center and R2 editions).
- IT asset management and PMS administration (Redmine, Jira and SnipeIT).
- Configuration of video conferencing systems like Zoom, WebEx, Slack and Google meet.
- Installation and configuration of Server and Client OS (Windows and Linux).
- Web hosting configuration IIS with HTTP and HTTPS.
- Installation and maintenance of Database (MS SQL, Oracle and MySQL).
- Vulnerability assessments and Security audits for Linux hosting servers.
- Email Administration (Google Suite).
- Administration of domains and hosting providers like Godaddy, etc.
- Implementation and configuration of SOPHOS Firewall (NAT, VPN, IPS, WEB FILTERING, APPLICATION FILTERING Traffic shaping, IPsec, SD-WAN Advanced routing and logging services).
- Secured VPN access configuration with 2 factor authentication for remote workers.
- AWS and IBM Cloud Administration / Cloud Engineer EC2, LightSail, VPC and S3.